The National Qualifications Framework and Learning Fields Classifier
The revised National Qualifications Framework and Learning Fields Classifier was approved by Order of the Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of Georgia in 2019 (order N69/n) (available only in Georgian)
The National Qualifications Framework considers the requirements of the European Qualifications Framework (EQF LLL) and European Higher Education Area Qualifications Framework (QF-EHEA). The document unites all the qualifications existing in Georgia, reflects the learning outcomes of different levels of general, vocational and higher education.The National Qualification Framework establishes what knowledge, skills, and responsibilities should a person have for obtaining the document verifying the completion of the relevant cycle.
The objectives of the National Qualifications Framework are:
· Classification of qualifications in compliance with the basic principles of the National Qualifications Framework (compliance with learning outcomes, quality assurance, access to information related to qualifications);
· Interconnection, management and development of general, vocational and higher education;
· Promoting lifelong learning;
· Support to Quality assurance systems;
· Ensuring international compatibility, comparability and transparency of qualifications;
· Promoting mobility;
· Promoting the recognition of formal education received during the study period;
· Promoting the recognition of non-formal education;
· Informing the society about existing qualifications;
· Reflect on the ever-changing demands of society in the education system and stimulate the description of up-to-date qualifications in accordance with these changes.
Order of the Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of Georgia “the Rule for the Management, Development and Monitoring of the National Qualifications Framework, and for the Creation and Administration of an Electronic Qualifications Register” (order N 103/n) available only in Georgian.
Order of the director of the National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement “The rule of Advisory Board set up for implementation and development of the National Qualification Framework and the Classifier of Fields of study” (order N163567) available only in Georgian.
Order of the director of the National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement “On the approval of Advisory Board set up for implementation and development of the National Qualification Framework and the Classifier of Fields of study” (order N321010) available only in Georgian.
Classification of Fields of Study based on the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization documents "International Standard Classification of Education" (ISCED-F-2013) and the "Education and Training Field 2013 - Description of Detailed Fields" (ISCED-Foet-2013) classifies existing fields of study in Georgia and defines the qualifications to be awarded in each field of study.